Read the most frequently asked questions about our platform
How WimTv Works
Much more than other platforms:
- Upload and publish your videos (WimVod service)
- Prepare and broadcast live events (WimLive service)
- Prepare and broadcast schedules like on television (WimCast service)
- Prepare and publish subscriptions to a group of videos (WimBundle service).
Videos on demand and live events can be offered in both free and paid mode. The contents in the WimCast service are free. The contents in the WimBundle service are pay.
Through embed codes (iframes) all content – except subscriptions – can be published on your website.
In the statistics section of your dashboard, you will find views and consumption of your web tv.
WimTV offers a spectrum of possibilities that go beyond what other platforms offer:
- WimTV offers a “baseline” web tv where all non-private contents are shown.
- Users can publish all their content (except subscriptions) on their web pages using the embed code (iframe).
- Users can make their contents distributable live and in schedules:
- on social networks (e.g., Facebook and YouTube)
- on web television platforms (e.g., AppleTV and TiVo)
- on traditional television platforms (digital terrestrial and satellite)
How to use WimTv
Few and essential operations:
- from your dashboard click WimBox, select a video and upload it.
- (at the end of the upload) click on publish video (if the video is not public it will not appear on the WimTV web tv, but you can copy the iframe code and publish it on your website)
If you have never purchased or renewed a package for more than 3 months, your videos will be automatically deleted.
Few and essential operations
- In the WimLive section of your dashboard create a live channel
- Use server URL and stream key in an encoder such as OBS to start broadcasting.
- To broadcast you must authenticate. Use your WimTV username and the password you set for WimLive in your user profile.
- If the channel is public, your event will be visible on your WimTV web tv
- If your live is not public, your event will be visible through the embed code (iframe) that you will have to copy in the HTML page of your site.
few and essential operations
- In the WimCast section of your dashboard, create a new schedule.
- Drag the videos you want from the left column and drop them to the right column.
- You can change the start time of each video.
- Save the schedule.
- The schedule is visible on your WimTV web tv and can be published through the embed code on your website.
Click on new subscription in the WimBundle section of your dashboard, enter the videos you want in the subscription, set the duration and price of the subscription and save.
The subscription is visible on your WimTV web TV in the subscription section.
Monetization and rights
WimTV treats its customers’ content with extreme care and offers them various opportunities to monetize it.
The first step is to make the ownership of rights clear. Whenever you upload a content item and create a live event, WimTV asks you to declare that you have the rights to publish the video or the event on WimTV.
Individual videos and events can be monetized in a very simple way: those who want to use them pay the amount set by you with Paypal (or credit card). 70% net of the amount paid goes to you, while WimTV bears the PayPal commission costs.
WimTV, however, also offers the possibility of monetising the videos chosen by you by putting them in a subscription with a duration, e.g., monthly, at the price decided by you. Videos can also be put in a schedule. Viewing the schedules is free, but you can monetise your content by inserting advertisement.
WimTV respects the content of its users by not placing any advertising on them.
WimTV plays the role of putting its users in contact with their customers. Therefore, it does not deal with the collection of content rights.
Costs and accounts
It essentially depends on how much disk space you occupy and the traffic generated by the views of the content posted by you.
WimTV use is offered in 3 “packages”: basic, professional and business, all with a monthly duration (link). From the basic to the professional package, there is more disk space and more possibilities to transmit. Then there is a special “unlimited” package if you need to serve many views and upload many videos. This is a business package in which surplus consumption is finalised at the end of the month.
Packages can be bought monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually. For 3-6-12 months, discounts of 10%, 20% and 30% apply. Monthly packages can be purchased from your user profile, multi-month packages can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
Payment is in advance, except for the unlimited package for which the initial part (business package) is paid in advance and the excess at the end of the month.
just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All your data will be promptly deleted
CONTACT US TO FIND OUT MORE
Didn’t find what you were looking for or need more information?
Write us a message, we will contact you as soon as possible.